There are times when a badge number without an employee name shows on the web portal. It's a good idea to check for badges that are not associated with an employee name daily or, at least, before running payroll.
When you have data that is associated only with a badge number and not an employee name, do the following:
- Log in to your Web Portal (https://portal.2ndsightbio.com/login).
- On the Web Portal, toggle Edit Mode "On." (The Edit Mode button is found in the middle of the black navigation bar at the top of the screen.)
- Go to Log --> Task.
- The "Task Log" screen will appear.
- In the "Show" box (top left), check the box next to "Unassigned."
- Copy and paste the unassigned Badge number into the Badge ID filter box (right side of screen).
- Click the "Filter" button
- Check the box at the top right of the Log (over the green "Edit" boxes) to select all unassigned entries for that Badge ID#.
- Click the “Employee” button under the “Edit” section. A screen called "Batch Edit Events" will appear.
- From the dropdown list, select the desired employee name.
- Hit “Save” to assign all checked entries to that employee.
- Entries will now appear in the Log highlighted in blue, indicating the entries have been edited.
- You can only batch edit 100 entries at a time. If there were more than 100 unassigned entries for that Badge ID, repeat steps 3-9.
- After assigning an employee name to all unassigned entries, go to Reports --> Daily.
- Click the "Recalculate" button for each day on which the newly assigned employee worked. See also Editing & Recalculating the Daily Report.